i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Friday, January 07, 2005

Love Bate

Luke 7:47 – “I tell you, her sins - and they are many – have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love.”
*
I so easily forget this as being one of the primary reasons that I need to show the Lord my love. I so often get caught up in the experience and equating that with loving the Lord, but the truth is that this lady had an experience with the Lord like none other and it was based on the realization of how much she had been forgiven. I am always trying to conjure up feelings of Love for the Lord but recalling this, my forgiveness 13 years ago and the forgiveness that happens daily, is something I rarely do. Living and loving in that way is the aim of my prayer today.
*
Lord, my prayer is that you remind me of how much you changed everything in my life. Today I ask specifically that you would help me to recall how much sin I had in my life before I met you, and how much sin has been forgotten by you since you have been the Lord of my life. I should be desperately in love with you for this very reason. My prayer is that tonight and whenever I am feeling not as intimate as I would like with you, that you would remind me of what sin you have freed me and forgiven me from. This will send my heart burning after you, where it is supposed to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas Costello, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Love Bate. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse lovers related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse lovers related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse lovers . Thank you and I wish you well .

12:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home