i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Monday, May 09, 2005

I suck at blogging

Gina (the blog entitled Meet Virginia in my “blogs” column to the right) as rightly pointed out that I am obsessive kind of person. Not that I am really clean or anything that you commonly associate with one who is obsessive, but I tend to become obsessed with certain hobbies (aka addictions) for a certain time period and then drop it for months at a time. Take video games for instance. I could go on a kick for video games and play them 15 hours a week for a month or two, and then resign and not play them at all for 6 months. I am weird like that. For those of you who have been reading my blog you may realize now that I was on a blogging kick from January through march, and had a great time, but as of late I have felt little drive to get out there and do it.

I am not sure what I wrong with me, and I kind of feel that this is who I am. Is it a bad thing the way I obsess? Someone once asked me if I finish things that I start, and the answer to that is yes, I do. The problem with many of the things I take up is that the only finishing point for the activity is death. I will never finish blogging. I can go from theme to theme, but never will I have completed my blog. The same goes for video games. I may go from game to game but I have never gotten to a point where I succeeded and finished video games. It is tough but I just want to write an excuse as to why you haven’t seen me on here for a week. Truth is I am pooped. But tomorrow is another day and with it comes a new addiction for me. Maybe it will be one that calls me back to this little cyberspace that has been my passion for 4 months.

*

God, not sure where to go from here. You know my heart. I have had a great time with this, and look forward to doing it some more. Give me a passion to do it, and if not, for something that changes me every day. I have enjoyed this time blogging with you very much so far, and I look forward to seeing where you take it from here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, Thomas, the blogging is extra. The time I spend with God is where the passion is. Just make sure that when you're not "into" blogging, your time with God is not also neglected. What I blog about is the same thing that I write in my life journal, only expanded. I've done that on purpose. So that if I ever get sick of the blogging part of it, I still am "into" the journaling. My best friend is just like you in that she has a very addictive side. She does the same thing. And she's my best friend, so I guess that makes you cool too, in some totally unrelated way.

12:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thomas are you really going to let a whole month go by without posting a single thing? At least say hello....

4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas, I miss your blogging.

1:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Find Movies, Console Games, MP3s, Software & Download Them @ Accelerated Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home