i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

flood lights

January 11, 2005
Luke 11:36 – “If you are filled with the light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a flood light is shining on you.”
*
I am not sure that I am interpreting this exactly right, and I know that I should take the time to be sure to do so, but I believe this principle to be true from other parts of scripture, and I know that this is a word from the Lord for my life today. My previous post, and what I have been going through lately is my struggle to be open. I am generally a pretty open person. Ask me anything and I will tell you what you want to know, but I know that there are certain areas of my life where I can see that I should be more forth coming with my story. I am not even referring to anything in particular, so don’t think that I have this big story to get off my chest. Basically what I am trying to say is that this needs to become a lifestyle change for me. I want for the rest of my life be an example in honesty, transparency, and openness. I want no dark corners in my well lit heart. This verse gives me strength to live like this, as well as a mandate. This may sound a little conceded or something, but in the spirit of openness let me say this: I want to live a radiant life and have flood lights shining on me. I want this not for me, but for the kingdom. I want these lights on me just so that I can be a greater witness to the Lord. I believe that is a huge part of my calling, and in that my life, every bit of it, has to be prepared to be seen. I am in the middle of those preparations, and always will be, but I think that people now value a behind the scenes look at a man on a spiritual journey, more than a perfect picture of what a man should be. I am open to that, and all the humiliation and joy it will bring.
*
Lord, help me to live more like you in public and in secret. I believe your plan for my life is to have less and less of a secret life everyday. Help me to become a better follower of you. When the light shines bright on me, help me to look like you, and in ways that I don’t help me to openly strive for that. Turn on the flood lights, and use me.

2 Comments:

Blogger .justin said...

you are the light of the world, yet, there is a spiritual thing that happens when it is "as though a flood light is shinning on you". so the word is saying that we are like the moon... just a reflection of light (from the sun/son - i'm so dumb - , as opposed to a candle, that generates its own light... very interesting.
(this is an analogy that i've heard told by one of my favortie worship leaders david crowder *holla* as he heard it from louie giglio of passion - in my weakness and vulnerability, i can take no credit for this wonderful "moon" analogy. but i can share that "moon" was my very first word as a baby... i was destined to live a life of godly openness!)

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am open to anyone asking me questions. I love to answer questions, but I rarely offer information. I think I am willing to be open but it has taken a bigger leap to offer my openness and lay it out for everyone to read. I considered my blog only because I saw the openness you had and felt like I knew you in a completely different way. Even if we don't have one-on-one dialogue, I have the opportunity to get to know you on a different level. I know this is what I desire of my friends and especially family. I want them to know this deeper side of me that I don't usually offer. Thanks for the inspiration. I love to read your posts, keep it up.

12:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home