i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Monday, January 17, 2005

Great Expectations

Psalm 5:3 – “Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.”
*
I guess this morning the Lord is teaching me about expectations. I had this realization a couple of months ago. It was in the context of going to our church services expecting God to move, and encouraging others to go in with the same attitude. Then the other day I was praying for a friend of mine and encouraged him to expect God to answer this prayer. Now today it appears that this is speaking to my expectation on an on going, daily basis. David says he does this each morning. If I had to rate my current expectation of God to answer each prayer I pray, I would give myself about a 4 out of 10. But to me it goes beyond just prayer. Do I expect him to be with me and teaching me and using me all day? Not as much as I should. The truth is if we ask for something but don’t really expect for it to happen, did we truly ask for it? I know that the Lord is working on me to expect him, and be ready for him to move all the time, and that is where I want to be.
*
Lord, I expect you to use me today. I expect you to teach me today. I expect you to answer the prayers I have been praying. Be close to me. Help me to live in the expectation that you will do anything that I ask. Fill me with faith that build my expectations that you will do what you say you will do. Use me today, I expect you to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. One of my big fears is disappointment. I tend to get my hopes up in expectation easily but have been burned with diappointment so often that I try to avoid it. I know God lives in my dreams and hopes and I need to trust him with that. I like the idea of going into my day in expectation of what God is going to do. I think the key is broading my expectations. Expecting God to move but not defining that so much. I put him in a box too much. Thanks Thomas, you're walk is an encouragement to me.

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home