i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Friday, January 14, 2005

Rather Learn than Teach

Luke 14:33 - so no one can become my disciple without giving up everything for me
*
Here is what's been going on. Last night I was at our church prayer meeting and I distinctly felt that the Lord was saying something to me. I felt a conviction that in my life I had made a move from a learner to a teacher. In my walk it seemed that I was always concerned with growing other people and how to be more effective in ministry, and I let that replace a heartfelt hunger for God to change me personally and to burn passionately for him myself. I want to fix that so my goal is to apply this verse to my current situation, and see pray that God helps me to give that away.
*
Lord, I give it all to you. I give you my ministry and I never want it to take precedence to what you are doing in my life. I want you for you and I know you want me for me. Be my Lord! Be my Lord! Let nothing get infront of you. I would painfully give up everything for you. Help me to fall in love with you more, and focus on me and you. I love you Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home