i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Peter, what a Dweeb

Mark 16:7 – “Now go and give this message to his disciples, including Peter: Jesus is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there, just as He told you before He died.”

This passage seemed pretty plain to me at first read, then I got to thinking about that little clause in the middle of it. The angel makes a point to include Peter in this announcement. This was a big deal.

If you saw the passion you remember the seen where Peter denies JC 3 times before the rooster crows. You can see the anguish on his face when he realizes what he had done. For all we know, the rest of the disciples weren’t treating him very well after this event. They were probably debating on what his fate should be. Should they continue to associate with Peter, who denied Christ when he needed him the most? These ladies probably new the story about peter and unless the angel had said something, they wouldn’t have even thought of sharing this good news with Peter. But God had another plan.

He specifically included Peter, and made sure that he was not separated form his disciples. He did everything he could to end division. He reinstated Peter at that moment. I am so thankful that he did because it gives schlubs like me a shot. As a result of reading this I want to make a better effort to love those who let me down, because it reminds me of how much I have let the Lord down, and how he still loves me. Mellissa doesn’t let me down to much, but I need be more loving of her whenever she does, rare as it is. I need to remember that mistakes don’t ruin god’s project. Otherwise I would have been ruined long ago.

Lord help me to be more forgiving, the way you are. I don’t just want to stop there. I want to be more like you in the way you got right past it, and continued to love people. Make me more like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home