i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Monday, March 07, 2005

A Quote from Ralph Moore

Yesterday I posted on worship, and my heart in it. Here is a quote from a book that I am reading. It's by Ralph Moore and its called "Friends". The chapter is about needing to change the way we do services if we want the church to live in the GenX world. About worship he says this -

"Gen-Xers are not as prone to a polished presentation as previoous generations. A few guitars and a drum set will satisfy their need for sound. Young people would rather sings songs to God than about God. There is a new sense of mystery in the worship form of this generation. One of my staff members calls it "deep worship." Gen-Xers will sing a chorus or a verse over and over, allowing time to enter into the words and the music. The goal is to experience God's presence during worship rather than just make it an offering to Him. For many the encounter with God becomes the message. Bible teaching in this venue merely sets the stage for the experience."

I think he hit the nail on the head. This is a lot of what I was trying to say in my last post. To anyone who has an interest in ministry, and what ministry will need to look like in the next few years (or in some cases today) I would highly recomend this book. It has been teaching me a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home