i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Worshiping Rocks!

Luke 19:40 – “ If they kept quiet, the stones along the side of the road would burst into cheers!”
*
Would they have? That would have been something to see. I am almost surprised that the Pharisees didn’t call him on this, and make him prove it. My question from this is what about today. God receives no where near the praise he deserves, yet the stones remain completely silent. What this passage gets me thinking about is the amount of praise that the Lord deserves, and how these people were so enthralled by his presence that they did what came most naturally to them. They praised. Praising the Lord seems to have evolved in my life from this natural response to a forced practice. It is all my fault, but I look at the way I bring him worship and I see that it is always is something now that I have to think about really hard, and make a conscience decision to do. If I am being completely honest, sometimes I find myself needing to drum up emotion in order to feel like I am praising him. Here’s another question. Can you be made to worship? It has always been a pet peeve of mine to be at some kind of a Christian service and to have a worship leader give instructions on my worship posture. It felt to me like it lost its meaning when I was forced to raise my hands during worship. Can we worship outside of a natural response? Can we worship when we don’t feel like it. That’s enough questions for one post. These are just some of the things that have been going through my head.
*
Lord, I don’t want you to have to use rocks or anything else to receive you due worship. I want to be a worshiper. I ask you to change my heart in places where I have a difficulty worshipping you. Be the object of my affection, and let my natural response be to bring you the worship you are due.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooohooo Sam! You've got it, brother. Great post, I see God at work in your thinker. For me, what is most helpful in my worship is imagining God standing directly in front of me nose to nose, hand to hand, feet to feet-- right up in my face. He says to me, "Hello, Gina, I'm right here." It's amazing how I can worship and feel so disconnected from Him but when He reminds me that He's that close I kind of jump back with surprise. It does bring a smile to my face though. Worship turns into an intimate love song for the one standing so close to me.

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home