i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Friday, February 04, 2005

Acceptable for Worship

Psalm 19:14 - May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

*

God has graced me with the ability to see scriptures theological concepts in totally new lights lately. This verse in no exception. My whole life, or for at least as long as I can remember, I have known this verse and lived under its shadow. I just never really understood it before. The word that is used for pleasing in most translations is acceptable. I just never understood what that word meant.

If you are not careful, you can easily interpret this verse to mean, “have clean thoughts, have clean speech.” But it appears to mean much more than that. Our requirement to God is even greater than that. We are to please him with our words and our thoughts. They are not only to be tolerable to him but to be acceptable in terms of worship to him. I have often made my speech tolerable, not bad, but certainly not good. God wants more than that. It goes into so many areas of my life. God has been showing me that he just really wants to be worshipped. I want to bring it to him.

*

Lord help me to give you more worship. Keep this truth burning in my heart. Keep teaching me the way you have been. I am excited to see just one more place where I have missed out on your true message. I want to worship you more. Help me to bring you more glory. Help me to live in our relationship. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home