i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Friday, January 28, 2005

Signs and Wonders and Healings

Acts 4:30 – Send your healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your Holy servant Jesus.
*
Man I want that. But I am convicted that I do not want that enough. This is a prayer offered by the disciples immediately after peter and John were put on trial for healing in the name of Jesus. They prayed this prayer. Why do I never pray like this. I don’t pray as much as I should in general, but for these kinds of things, I don’t pray anywhere near enough. This is what made the church grow. Just before this 5000 men came to know the Lord. They were drawn by the healing of a crippled man. This is the most untapped method of church growth – signs, wonders and healings. I have to believe that it is available. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. I am just feeling convicted, in a good way, to do this more diligently. I want to see this happen, but I have to want it more.
*
God, I want your signs, wonders and healings to be a part of my life. Right now I feel like you are asking me the question - why? I want to see it more because you want to give it more. Help me to have no selfish motivation in seeing your power. I want it because you want to give it. Help me to more diligently pray for your power. I pray for your power tonight, now even. Be powerful at tribe, be powerful in the 35 minutes leading up to tribe. I want to see you grow your church. I ask you for signs, and wonders!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alcuin Bramerton said...

A traditional Norfolk koan may assist.


Yoghurt Shelves

A man in a grey suit is standing by the yoghurt shelves in a supermarket in Cornwall.
He is looking for morphine suppositories.
This man is not the promised messiah.


More may be encountered:
http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/2004/11/traditional-norfolk-koans.html

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Thomas said...

welcome Alcuin Bramerton.

10:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas, I have to say that I was REALLY caught by the same passage. What is holding me back from having the same faith that these early Christians had? I assume that I don't see miraculous healings because I don't trust God enough. I keep not just God, but God's will and God's miracles in a box. What's that about? There are a lot of people out there who will tell you that if you believe long enough and hard enough, what you believe will be. But I don't think it takes that long. I think we simply need to believe. Believe in God, that is-His power; His Grace; His Miracles. Can you imagine the healing that would visit this county, state, country, and world, if we (and I'm talking to myself) truly believed in Him? I, too, pray for that in my life. I pray that God would give me the courage, and strength, and faith to request and see such miracles.

9:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home