i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Third Times a Charm

Well my friend mike decided last night that before he made a decision on how his life is going to play out that he should come up here and see what God is doing and pray about it some. He was blessed with the air miles to get up here, and got on a plane at 4 this morning. Since he has been here we have had a blast but the Lord has all ready used him to lead one guy to Christ, and reunite another with his family. He even spent a good chuck of the day with a guy from our church who was going through some serious stuff. We got to pray for him and he broke down crying. I know that I am a better minister of the gospel when he is around, so I am really hoping that the Lord keeps him here. And how can he not. Why would God use him to radically change 3 lives in one day and not be calling him to stick around here. So we are praying. I know I have asked you to pray about this before, but this time I am just going to pray what I want. I want to see big things happen here, so I am praying that God keeps him here…but not my will but his will be done. Please pray with me. For those of you who are part of tribe, he is going to share this Friday, and I am sure it will be good. That plus hearing all of your answers to the question…Why did god save me? I am looking forward to it.
*
Lord speak to mike. As I write this he is praying a few feet away from me. Speak to him now. Speak to him tonight. I just pray that you would change this place and use me in the most effective way possible. I would like to see mike be a part of that. Thank you for all that you did today, and I pray for more encounters of the God kind. You are my Lord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl.... said...

It sounds like you had a very blessed day. I can understand why you would want him to remain here. And to kind of go off of what Sam stated, I think many of us have more power when we are around others with a spiritual gift, and it's apparent you two are feeding off of each other, and able to combine your passion outward to others. I, personally, don't see a problem in this, as long as you do not deem yourself incapable when Mike isn't around. You have a very powerful gift for ministry and spreading God's love. I will definitely pray on this for you and Mike, and for future souls you will touch!

12:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas! I have to agree with all of the above. It is beautiful that you and Mike have a connection where you feel more effective with him around, but I have to agree with the rest when they say, "don't limit yourself." or God, for that matter. Perhaps God does have it in mind for Mike to come stay up here, but I pray that he wold be an encouragement (a "Barnabus") to you and not a crutch.
(Sidenote: It was great to share Tribe with Mike on Friday. I agree with your Saturday (the 29th) post that it was a very deep and spirit-led night.)

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home