i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Leading the Blind

Exodus 13:17 - When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them on the road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest way from Egypt to the Promised Land. God said, "If the people are faced with a battle, they might change their minds and return to Egypt."
*
This verse really shows me Gods heart for his children. God put them through so much, but being God he knew that they could handle it. But here he decides to not put them through anymore hardship and leads them the Long way to Palestine. The thing that makes me think about this verse is the fact that the Israelites were probably pissed about this. I can’t back this up but I bet a lot of them were second guessing the leadership, saying “what the heck, why are we going the long way. Its bad enough that I have known nothing but slavery, now I have to wander through this desert rather than going directly to our new homes.” But the truth is that God was taking care of them all along. His plan although it seemed bass ackwards, was actually the right one. I do that in my life all the time. I might second guess why the lord would say I should do things his way, rather than the clear way. I just have to know that he always has me in mind, just like the Israelites in this story. Tithing is a great example of this. I don’t like to tithe, and believe me, on paper it makes no sense at all. Why would I want to give away a tenth of all I make. That could be used very easily. But in God’s economy it makes perfect sense. I just need to be willing to trust him. Even when it makes no sense to me.
*
Lord, help me to blindly follow you. I never want to be afraid to ask you questions, but when you choose not to answer them, or just to give me info on a need to know basis, help me to trust you blindly. Help me to believe in you so completely, that trusting you is easy. I am not there yet. Please help me to get there.

3 Comments:

Blogger .justin said...

When I read this post, I feel like worshipping to a song that goes-a-little-something-like-this: 1-2-3-4: YES LORD, YES LORD, YES YES LORD, YES LORD, YES LORD, YES YES LORD, YES LORD, YES LORD, YES YES LORD, AMEN. sometimes, like the israleites, all we've got to do is to agree and go with the Lord's plan, even if it doesn't make sense. That's why I like the no-brainer, overplayed bass riff song, "trading my sorrows". YES LORD, LET IT BE.

10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was younger, I really didn't see the point in so much of the Bible. A lot of the stories didn't make any sense to me. I'm so glad that I can step back and let the Holy Spirit show me different angles. This story is a prime example. I'm so glad that God let us in on this story. I am so thankful for God's words. I would be a wandering, confused, tortured soul without it. I love this book, man! Just love it.

1:05 AM

 
Blogger jimmy said...

Justin! You crack me up man!!!

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home