i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Monday, February 07, 2005

Be Posted!

Acts 14:10 - So Paul called to him in a loud voice, "Stand up!" And the man jumped to his feet and started walking.

*

I have never tried this. Someone pointed out to me not to long ago that no one in the bible ever prays for people to be healed, they just tell them to be healed. Paul didn’t even say in Jesus’ name. I have never given this a shot. Maybe I have become too formulaic in the way I pray for things. Maybe the idea of healing people matters more about the spirit and the faith in your heart than it does the exact words that you speak. In fact I would have to think that this might be the case. God has used me to heal a few people in my life, and never have I tried to do it just by yelling and believing in my heart the way that Paul did. I very rarely nowadays get a shot to say these kinds of prayers to people.

I would like to say that my application for this verse would be to get out there and just do it, but that is scary. It takes some major guts to just get out there and yell at somebody to do something they can’t do, and expect God to do some amazing stuff. But I feel like I need to try. On my prayer list I have a guy named joe up there. Keep praying for him. Lately however he has been complaining about some leg pain. I hope that next time he has the guts, maybe I can just say…be healed and see what happens, but then again it still has little to do with what I say. I could probably yell, “nuprin is yellow” and get the same results if I have faith that God is going to do something. But for this first try, I will stick with - be healed, or something like it.

*

Lord give me the faith to see something like this work. I want to see your power change peoples lives. Give me the boldness to actually put you out there to prove yourself to those around me. Help me to trust you more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home