i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Missed Opportunities

I am such a chicken. I had one of those experiences today where I was confident that the Lord was calling me to do something, and I couldn’t get the guts up to do it. Usually it is just for me to go and talk to somebody specific, and I wuss out for some reason or another. But today he had a big assignment for me. There is a guy at our church named Jason who has been going through a tough time, but has seen Gods power in his life really straightening out. We had a great time of prayer for him, and he was crying and God was doing something. I prayed for God to use me to give him a word or something. He did. I felt compelled to read a segment from acts chapter 8 (the story of Philip baptizing the eunuch) and encourage him to make today his day, and be baptized. The spirit was flowing and He probably would have done it. But I couldn’t follow through with it. I was afraid of being rejected, and looking like a dummy.

Since that time, a little over an hour ago, I have replayed that scene in my mind several times. I am a bit angry with myself. I didn’t follow through when the lord gave me the work I asked for. Not only that, Jason could have had a life changing experience and a powerful testimony, and I stole that from him. I know that this experience is not lost forever for him, but I just feel bad for not following through with what I was to do. Thank God for his forgiveness.

*

Lord help me to follow through when you give me a task. Especially when you give me a task that I ask for. I repent for missing the boat here. I pray you would restore Jason and change his life sooner rather than later, despite my shortcomings. I know you will, your plan is bigger than me. Please trust me again, I still want to be used, and restore me. Help me to live my life as a sacrifice to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home