i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Soul Seekers

Here’s a quote from a new book that I am reading. It is called Soul Seekers by Judah Smith. In the third chapter he says:

“In the Christian world, doing big events to reach people is vogue and makes headlines. But before you hold a rally to see your entire campus saved, why not start with loving one friend. Before you try to feed all the homeless people in your city, why not start by feeding one? Before you move to Africa to start an orphanage, take the neighbor kids, whose parents just got a divorce, to the local pizza place. If you don’t launch out a little and touch the life of your neighbor, will you really be ready for the big event?”

This quote rocked me. I guess I am a lime light kind of guy. I am always looking for the big thing that God has for me and never seem to have time for the little. The Lord entrusts those who are faithful with the little with even more. I need to do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl.... said...

Ok, I'm with you on this one. There was a time when I thought how cool it would be , and longed, to help those across the world find Jesus and better their lives. But then I realize two things; first, my place while my kids are small is with them, and that's ok; and second, there are many opportunities right here in our community, our church , even our very homes and neighborhood for reaching out. I know of times when I longed for just one person to come up to me and be more than just an acquaintance, but be a friend. I know there's more out there who need the support of a real friend, or a kind word. Just something that simple, really. Yes, the big stuff needs help, but let's not forget the little stuff here at home. Great observation!

7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home