i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Provide or Change Me, Either Way

Psalm 13:1, 5, 6

Oh Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to the Lord because he has been so good to me.

*

I relate to David here. Of course my problems are few compared to the issues he is addressing. I am so quick to say or think that the Lord has left, or is not with me. I hate to say it but it is kind of like that cheesy “footprints” story. I am in a situation involving our finances and my attitude so far has been like that of David in the first verse. Am I going to have to deal with this kind of crap forever?

But I need to adjust my attitude the way that David did. Even though things may seem a little tough I need to worship the Lord and rejoice and know that he is going to be rescuing me. It is as good as done. He will take care of me. I need to trust him.

A friend of mine prayed for my circumstances lat night, and he prayed interestingly. I have spent all of my time praying for god to provide, but he chose to pray that God would do what he is trying to do. That we would learn what he is teaching us, and that God would resolve it in his time. That is my prayer too. I want what he wants, and until I get that, I will sit back and trust him.

*

God I trust you. Provide. But even more than that, change me. I give you permission. I want more of you. As we go to see our tax guy today, do something. Provide or teach, or both. I want you more than the result.

4 Comments:

Blogger .justin said...

F.Y.I:
Kristi and I just bought a large 3 bedroom/2.5 bath/kitchen/dining room/fireplace/deck/office/HUGE living room/ attatched 2 caar garage/tool room/ laundry room/ ON AN ACRE across the street from a beautiful lake for $185,000.
dude, seriously, come to Shelton.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Thomas said...

thanks for rubbing it in aswipe

12:43 PM

 
Blogger .justin said...

F.Y.I:
i think you meant to spell "ASSwipe". But you wrote "aswipe".
and... you're welcome.
i love you.

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Thomas said...

I spelt it that way on purpose. imagine it sounding like a frenchmen saying it, with an emphasas on the last e.

4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home