i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Monday, February 14, 2005

Learning how to Climb

Psalm 24:3-4 –

Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place?
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies.

*

This whole Psalm really jumped out at me. I am convinced that a great song could be written using just the interlude of this psalm. But more than anything this verse stood out to me. It kind of went along with a passage I read in Leviticus today as well. The passage told the story of a young man who blasphemed the Lord. No word on what he said, but the community could not exist with something like this within it so the Lord ordered him to be stoned. I find that I have been writing on this topic a lot lately.

I figured that the reason for that is an overall tolerance for sin. I don’t hate my sin. The problem is when I think about this verse all that pops into my mind is the sins of others, and how they might be separating our generation from what God wants to do. Be that as it may, I need to take the plank out of my own eye first. I need to really hate sin in my own life. I would lose my job if I were completely open here and the right people read it. When you hear that statement you think I must be in some kind of horrible sin. Involved in a secret lifestyle of some kind, but that is not what I am talking about. My sin however needs to be seen in my own eyes as horrible. I have bought into the lie that I only have small sins, but the truth of the matter is that there really is no such thing. They all break Gods heart and separate me from him. The way I tell lies of convenience, the way I speak poorly about others to build myself up. Those are just a couple. I want more of God and he wants more of me, so I will start by doing my best to give him this.

*

God I need your help. I can’t do this on my own. My prayer is that you would show me the areas of my life that break your heart. Help me to hat them the way you do. I want to bring you more worship in this way, by keeping your boundaries. You are worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home