i wish i was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off. - eddie vedder

Saturday, February 26, 2005

We Were on a Break

Well I am back and my goal is to ease back into blogging. It is tough to go from no blogging at all back to 500 words a day or whatever I used to write. Let me take a second to bring you up to speed.

I just got back from Hawaii late last night. It was a great time. For the first time I am really an adult, and didn’t try to get together with all my old friends when I was back in town. I played tourist. We went out to eat every meal (thanks mom and dad…maybe I am not as adult as I would like to think), we hung out on the beach and just vegetated for 8 days. The sad thing is that I pretty much took a vacation from Christianity. I say Christianity in a strict sense. I don’t mean that I sinned for 8 days uncontrollably, or even that I didn’t appear to be a Christian. Heck I even read 2 pastoring books while I was there. I just didn’t center my life around my God, which was surprisingly easy and painless. I say surprisingly, because I’d think that all my joy would have been snapped, because God was trying to teach me what my life is worth without him, but no I had a great time. I am ready to get back to life, and I’m excited to get back to seeing what God has in store for me each day again. I don’t really know what to make of all this. I am still processing. Just know this – I am back and ready to blog

*

God I am back, sorry for leaving you out, I think. Maybe you are teaching me something. But I want to make it clear that I am hungry for you. Thanks meeting me 99 percent of the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Just a girl.... said...

To me, the ideal relationship is one where God is there beside us, ready to catch us if we fall, and there as a guide. He's like a father allowing his child to take off on her bike without the training wheels. He wants us to love him and follow his ways, but not necessarily dedicate all our thinking, breathing, etc to Him in the form of dependance. I don't think there's anything wrong with going on a vacation and not being Pastor Thomas for a week. You were enjoying God's creation, and in that you experienced something highly spiritual, and now you're back to being our Pastor. I remember your spiritual funk before you left, and I think you needed this vacation more than anything to give you back your spirit. In fact, maybe you should talk to your parents about a vacation to Hawaii every 3 months? Just a thought. Oh, and I'm really good with babies, in case you need a nanny....

2:42 PM

 
Blogger Thomas said...

I didn't think I was in a funk. maybe I was. thanks for the comment crissi

3:31 PM

 
Blogger jimmy said...

welcome back heathen!!

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to me that quite a few people took a "blog break" while you were gone. Now our leader has returned! J/K

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home